[AMRadio] Tips on Posting

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Wed Mar 24 15:02:13 EDT 2010

Todd said:

> If you need to think about whether or not a post belongs on here, it
> probably doesn't. You should be able to tap out a response and send it
> without having to think about whether or not it meets muster of our
> simple rules.

I don't think we even need to go that far.  If you  need to think about
whether a post belongs on here, open Notepad and type it out as a simple
text message and save it to desktop.  Let it sit overnight, and review it
the next day.  If it still  looks OK, copy and paste it into your post and
send. Otherwise, revise or trash it.

That works for me.  Sometimes in the passion of the moment, a  response or
post seems perfectly OK, but in retrospect it may appear entirely
inappropriate.  Not only might you catch something before you send it only
to regret it later, it's amazing how often embarrassing grammatical and
syntax errors that you didn't notice first time will stick out like a sore
thumb when you review a composition a  little while after you first wrote
it.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/