[AMRadio] More Hash and Buzzies

Ed Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 26 19:18:41 EDT 2010

Jim,

I have all the dope on mitigating RFI out of HVAC,  gas furnaces, etc, etc.
I have a Trane XV95 gas furnace which spews trash out on HF. I successfully mitigated that
noise.

Let me know if you can handle  8Mb of down loads and I will send you my entire package.

Ed, VA3ES

Jim/W5JO wrote:
I encountered the same situation with the FCC over the air handler unit
to my HVAC,  it is a multi speed motor that is controlled by a PWM
signal.    The noise it puts out is nothing like this thing though but I
followed up with the manufacturer and they would not, (first) admit the
problem with in their unit, and (second) would not provide any help
other than telling me to buy a filter from Radio Shack.