[AMRadio] SDR-IQ

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Mon Mar 29 20:54:11 EDT 2010

Don,
There are no bugs with the sdr-iq.

There might be some 'bugs' getting other software to run with it, but the
official spectravue software runs fine.

This sdr software stuff is like anything else, some does some stuff well,
other programs do other things well, some have really nice displays, others
have better features, another one sounds better, etc....

A spectrum analysis (audio) has been out there for a long time, along with
audio generators, white noise, square, triangle, saw tooth wave, etc., all
free.

I got a program off the Elecraft web page that is used to align the filters
on the K2, its a good audio spectrum display, only limited by the sound card
in the computer you have.
Its called spectrogram.
Its under builder resources.
I think it can do other things as well.

By the way Don, if you want to borrow the sdr-iq, I could let you try it for
a while, that way you don't have to put out the coin unless you find it
interesting.

I think its fun to watch the TX signal and record it (190 KHz actually) and
listen and examine it later...
I just put a 2 inch antenna on it to do that...

Brett