[AMRadio] SDR IQ

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Tue Mar 30 19:24:08 EDT 2010

> From: "Jay Bromley" <jayw5jay at cox.net>

> For years I have used SpectraPlus.  They sure seem to be pricey these
> days,
> since I have purchased the software.  Here is the link:
> http://www.spectraplus.com/  I guess 14 years or more has flown by since I
> purchased mine?  Seems it was expensive then, but I can't remember how
> much.
> I am still using he original copy without any problems.  I have sure got
> my
> money worth out of it.  Works great, but a few times I have had ground
> loops
> throw me off until I figured out what was going on.  Computer power
> supplies
> are horrible in this regard.

That one is a lot more expensive than the True Audio.

I have had so much trouble with these problems, that I wouldn't even attempt
to cope with the ground loops and hum issues that would inevitably result
from using any kind of audio test software with a computer with a.c. supply.
I have a laptop that is faster, has a bigger HDD and more memory than my
regular computer has, so I would install the spectrum analyser in the laptop
and run it off battery-only when using the analyser.  It looks like that
software could convert a laptop into a lab instrument that would be more
expensive than the laptop itself if purchased in the form of a dedicated
unit.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/