[AMRadio] Modulator question.

RICHARD GEORGE k6kwq at msn.com
Fri May 7 15:34:42 EDT 2010

I have over the years built several low power AM transmitters. I would like
to build something a little bigger say in the 400-500 watt plate modulated.
I have been kicking around the idea of using one of the solid state
amplifiers made for car audio driving a reverse connected audio transformer.
I have seen these audio output transformers available in the 200 watt range.
I understand that the RF output stage would have to be designed to fit the
impedence of the output transformer.  Does this sound like it could be done?

K6KWQ Dick
 Amps by "MORE POWER"