[AMRadio] Painting recessed panell markings

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 12 13:13:01 EDT 2010

Since your panel is painted this might not be good info, but on anodized panels you wipe or brush some fill paint (white enamel maybe?) over the engraved nomenclature and wipe off the excess with a rag dampened with the proper solvent for the paint you're using. I have seen engraving / machine shop people use a tooth pick to dab paint into engraved letters.

When wiping off the excess it might help to use a rag that's stretched over a flat piece of plastic or wood so that your fingers aren't actually pushing the cleaning rag down into the letters / numbers and removing paint you want to remain in place.

If you've painted the panel with enamel, I guess you could fill the nomenclature with Latex paint and use a rag dampened with water which shouldn't hurt the panel's finish.

Bill AD5OL