[AMRadio] CB-to-10m AM

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Wed May 26 09:28:43 EDT 2010

With the crystal-mixing synthesis CB designs, one replacement crystal
will give you four channels on ten meters.  I converted a tube Robyn
T-123B to ten meter AM using two new crystals to get eight channels
beginning with 29.0 - worked like a charm.

A great resource for this kind of project is the information at

http://www.cbcintl.com/XTALS/xtals.htm

I recently noticed that the solid-state Realistic Navaho I recall from
my youth used the same crystal frequencies, so I bought one of those
base stations for a few bucks on eBay and moved the crystals over and
aligned it.  The transistorized rig is less glamorous, but uses much
less electricity for 24-hour monitoring of 29.0. Actually it tuned up a
bit better, slightly more sensitive and about a watt more output.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/