[AMRadio] Ranger vs T-150 vs Elmac vs DX-100

Greg Mijal bluebirdtele at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 29 00:05:39 EDT 2010

I've had two Rangers and three AF 67's  and one AH 54 over the years.
My choice is the AF 67 because they are dirt cheap at the hamfests. $50 will
get you a fair example. They will work with a carbon mic and also do FM.
You will have to build or buy a fairly stout power supply and locate the
right connector for the power.  The Heathkit mobile power supply for tube
transceivers is the right one.
Power output is the same as the Ranger, vfo is stable.
If you want a plug and play system get a Ranger with a warranty, if you are
handy with a soldering iron try an Elmac.
73's
Greg
WA7LYO
Kinston NC