[AMRadio] DX-100B on Phone - bad audio distortion / oscillation

wb3fau at att.net wb3fau at att.net
Mon Dec 5 08:44:08 EST 2011

not sure  if the 6146Bs  are an issue in the DX-100-  power  supply in that rig pretty hefty.  you  have to  consider age of components,  perhaps a Rf  bypass cap  is leaky?  most of these are ceramic and trouble free.
I think  someone  said  the  problem  is not in  audio section?  i  would be very  suspicious of caps in  mod area.    Also,  Rf  drive is often a  problem in DX-100s  Again remember,  this is 50+ years  old  and lots  of
stuff  can fail.  We'll keep  following  up on this...73 Russ.