[AMRadio] SB-10 Modification (was DX-100B on Phone - bad audio distortion / oscillation)

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 12:58:29 EST 2011

Hi Rick,

If it had the SSB modification I would first remove the coax cables that go
to the coax connectors on the back. They cut the wire between the grid of
the 6146's and the driver tank and rout them separately to the in and out
connectors on the back. I don't remember now if it was first routed thru an
added front panel toggle switch. Either way, just reconnect the driver tank
output directly to the grids per the original schematic. That may solve your
problem.

Also check that the clamp tube is operating properly. With the SSB mod there
were two OB2 regulator tubes added for screen regulation. someone may have
done something funny in that circuit and may have messed with the screen
bypass caps. The screen bypass caps should be directly connected from each
tube socket to ground with short leads.

73
Gary K4FMX