[AMRadio] Boat Anchor Receiver

Alan Victor amvictor at ncsu.edu
Tue Dec 20 13:35:53 EST 2011

I recently acquired an HQ110 to match a Johnson Ranger I. The Johnson I was
supposed to chirp since it did not have the keyer circuit. It does not
chirp! The HQ110 was supposed to drift. It does not. Its sensitivity is
better than .25 uV for CW, the Q-multiplier is excellent, the frequency
readout is on the money, and then S-meter reads S9 at 50 uV. Give me a
break.