[AMRadio] 75A4 question

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 25 21:03:58 EST 2011

Hope everybody had a good Christmas.  After finishing his 129X, I'm now starting to work on my friends round emblem 75A4.  Have worked on R390's before but this is the first 75A4 for me.  The first thing I have run across is the main tuning knob rubbing and having excessive lateral play.  When I removed the knob, there is a threaded  bushing on the shaft, but no way to anchor it.  There are 2 small tapped holes on either side of the panel tuning shaft hole that has a brass insert, much larger than the 1.4" tuning shaft.  Is there supposed to be a metal bracket that holds that shaft bushing and is attached by 2 machine screws to eliminate the lateral play?

Charlie, W4MEC in NC