[AMRadio] AMRadio] Source Broadcast Xmtrs

Jim Tonne Tonne at Comcast.Net
Mon Jun 13 15:46:38 EDT 2011

>   Only rub I see is: I don't think most 250 Watt BC transmitters can
> make full amateur power.  (which many want)

There is another subtle thing with those tube-type 250-watt BC
transmitters.   They were usually of the 810s modulated by 810s
style.   And that kind of rig wasn't as efficient as later designs
using tetrodes.  Bottom line, and an example:   The Raytheon
RA-250 had a maximum draw from the power line of 2700
watts.   I suppose it would be less when running and with no
nodulation.   But you had to have a powerline capable of
delivering 2700 watts.

- Jim W4ENE