[AMRadio] W9DVM SK

Warren Elly w1gud4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:43:50 EDT 2013

Via John W3HPW Sarasota
earthgrid at verizon.net

With such a heavy heart I have to tell you we've lost
Phil La Marche W9DVM early today. Phil passed at
home with his dear Diane. John promises more details
asap.

Here is this amazing Amateur's bio from his own hand on QRZ

73, Warren W1GUD

Phil LaMarche W9DVM SK

I love HAM radio. I've been licensed since age 10 and everyday is a even better one because of my hobby. In 1958 I went to the North Pole with the International Geophysical Expedition and floated on a piece of ice for 10 months as KL7FLA and W9DVM/mm on Drift Station Alpha. What fun as a DXer, In 1961 I opened the first Amateur Electronic Supply in Orlando, Fl and remained for 3 years before switching to Electronic sales of high technology components. Retired in 2002 and took my hobby business of Gourmet spices full time. Instant Gourmet is now availiable everywhere. That's fun too. www.instantgourmetspices.com.
I operate from 160/144. I have a loaded Elecraft K3, P3, KPA500 and KAT500. . into a Mosley PRO 67-B at 75 feet. M2 antenna's on 6 and 2. Have a IC746PRO and SB1000 linear for back up.  Just put up a ZeroFive 43 Ft vertical. Wonderful results.

Married and have a 20 pound Maine Coon cat and a Rag Doll.