[AMRadio] Best product for noisy potentiometers?

Jay Bromley jayw5jay at cox.net
Fri Apr 19 20:13:58 EDT 2013

HI Kim nice to see you on this reflector!

I have been using the Craig DeoxIT D100 for years now.  I also have the P5
and G5 spray cans from Craig as well, but I don't use them anymore.  On
their web site they talk about using this one for cleanup, another potion
for finish and still another one for maintenance.  I have never found that
necessary.  So in summary, once I use the DeoIT D100 100 % of the time and I
am done!  One of the 75A4 pots has lasted since 30 years ago without a
repeat squirt, hi.  Turns like glass with no noise!  That good enough for
me.  :-)

BTW, I have WD-40 too, but seems like in the past would have to repeat the
adventure at some point.  Still use it for fence post hinges and clean up,
hi.

73 de w5jay/jay..

I have some noisy potentiometers on a Yeasu FRG-7700 receiver, along with a
noisy RF gain pot on my HQ-170. What's the best stuff to apply to it to help
clean and quiet these pots? I have two flavors of DeoxIt --D-series and
S-series. Do I need the F-series for this, or is one of these a good choice,
or is there something else better?

Kim N5OP