[AMRadio] Best product for noisy potentiometers?

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 19 20:23:42 EDT 2013

Thanks for all the recommendations. I decided to go with Caig Labs
DeoxIt Faderlube, since it's specifically intended for this purpose.
This is the same stuff that used to be called CaiLube MCL. Since it's
specifically intended for this purpose and since I'm in no great hurry,
I figure I might as well wait a few days and use something that someone
bothered to formulate with this use in mind.

On a different topic: I use a T2X as my antenna rotor. I have two of
them because it seems that, at some point, the direction indicator
rheostat get's so dirty that my RotorEZ board can no longer deal with
the noise and the "point-and-shoot" functionality fails. It's time to
pull it down, bite the bullet and install the C.A.T.S. locking
connectors and enjoy another session on the tower. And because it's a BX
tower, using the connectors will necessitate drilling a hole in the base
plate. OK, fine! I can deal with that. But I'd really like the rheostat
to last a bit longer. Has anyone heard of using any of the DeoxIt
products (I was thinking the S-series) on the rheostat wiper, or is this
simply asking for more trouble, sooner?

73,

Kim N5OP