[AMRadio] Best product for noisy potentiometers / How to salvage the contents of inoperative aerosol spray can?

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:33:58 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> WD-40 is good cutting oil for aluminum.  Spray into cap then use straw
> to drop some on place where you want to drill or punch.

I like it best for flushing crud off things like the R-390 gear train, a
grubby chassis, stuff like that. I've used it on one pot previously, it
made it work rough. My best guess was the carbon was damaged and had gotten
filled in with crud, which the WD-40 flushed out. The blessing and curse of
it is that it doesn't hang around long.