[AMRadio] Search for a valiant

James R. La Frieda lafrieda at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 25 23:45:19 EDT 2013

Have a  Viking Valiant, a Viking II, a B&W 5100, a B&W 5100B, and an
Apache.

Hands down, totally agree with Bob, W9RAN, that the B&W 5100B with a
pair of 6146's modulating a pair of 6146's in the final , has the best
audio - of all of the above !

Whereas  - there are several Valiants, Viking II's and Apache's that
come up for sale on E-Bay, that's not the case for the B&W 5100 B.

You will be lucky to see a B&W 5100B  and its SSB Adaptor appear about
once a year on E-Bay - if at all.

If you see one for sale in excellent condx, and you are interested in
having a winner on AM - buy it !

73's Jim( N6MV)