[AMRadio] Search for a valiant/ Don't Be Swayed

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Fri Apr 26 09:58:22 EDT 2013

Jerry has a lot of experience with Valiants so he knows what he is getting
into.  I, personally, don't like the design of the tank circuit but if you
watch what you are doing, it will last.

The only real problem with the B&W 5100 series is the scarcity of them.
Nice design, easy to repair and, as mentioned the VFO is as stable as a tube
VFO can be if it is right.  Any of these transmitters can be a lot of fun if
we keep them serviced.  That is the fun of AM radio, keeping them working.

By the way, how are you Jerry?

Jim
W5JO