[AMRadio] Fragile

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Sun Dec 1 06:30:33 EST 2013

Charlie and the gang - Never ship radios with USPS!

I once sent a classic radio to a friend in Japan and it didn't arrive.
Some months later we filed a claim for loss.  After another 12 months the post office finally
paid the loss claim but it was a miserable experience.

I once bought a radio that arrived badly damaged and they REFUSED to pay the insurance
claim. It was a truly horrible experience that involved our congressman and still they did
almost nothing. They made me bring the package to them and leave it with them. Then they
lost it. It was insured for the full value but they eventually paid some minimal amount like
$100.00 which was not good for a $900.00 radio.

For us it's Fedex every time. No shipper will guarantee any special treatment when you use a
FRAGILE sticker however, we do use them in the hopes that it gets the attention of some
kind or thoughtful  employee. We very, very rarely have any problems, but we use good
packing materials too.

YMMV

Bry AF4K