[AMRadio] ARLB033 Plans Announced to Update the Communications Act of 1934

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 14:41:01 EST 2013

here it is:

http://www.arrl.org/news/plans-announced-to-update-the-communications-act-of-1934

I think ARLOB...or whatever it is, is an ARRL news item number.  I bet
is stands for ARRL Official Bulletin.

I noticed the chairman of the House committee is a ham.  Of course
these days that's no guarantee of anything.

He might be a 2 meter shack-on-a-belt Tech.   The message seemed to
focus on data and the internet and such that's all removed from HF and
AM, but it has to be monitored lest some agency that might have
influence located in Connecticut, tries to slip something in there
about analog and modulation and amplitude.

We can hope for help with RFI but if ham radio is a suitcase, then
Congress is the gorilla in the cage with a Samsonite.   They can
pretty much change anything about the Communications Act they want.

73
Rob
K5UJ