[AMRadio] Comm Act of '34

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 14:31:48 EST 2013

Well, I wrote a note to Sumner at the ARRL to get their take on it, and this was his reply:

---"Thanks for your comments, Charlie. I would not expect the Communications Act rewrite to deal with that level of detail.(Mode, Freq. allocations, bandwidth, etc.)

We do strive to ensure that amateurs can pursue our broad range of interests unfettered. I think QST is a pretty accurate representation of members' interests, including the vintage column and related content, although it stands to reason that new things will command more space than old simply because the latter are already in print.( I referenced the fact that the ARRL is not always a friend of AM)

73,
Dave Sumner, K1ZZ"---

Seems a bit non-committal at this point, but holding the League's feet to the fire about our mode of choice in this digital environment would seem to be as important as writing our Representatives, which will probably turn out to be just as fruitful.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC