[AMRadio] Filters for DX100

bradk4rt at verizon.net bradk4rt at verizon.net
Sat Dec 7 13:29:48 EST 2013

 Ronnie,

I just bought Hayseed Hamfest electrolytic filter caps for my Apache. I considered using NOS caps as well as the option of mounting new, smaller, lower cost electrolytics in place of the stock caps, but in the end decided to buy the new larger caps.  I think the new Hayseed Hamfest caps are 135 MFD 450 V, and each cap included the black cardboard sleeve.  I had the caps in hand about three days after ordering.  The caps have been installed and the transmitter has powered up and tested fine so far. I think you can order just the can caps or a recap kit for the DX-100. But check their web site: hayseedhamfest.com

I'll note that I also ordered the 20-20-20 MFD cap for the Apache PS and it is about 1/32 inch wider than the stock cap. It fits, but just to be sure of the clearance at the rear chassis apron, I shortened the solder lugs for the two receiver relay connections about 1/8 inch.

Good luck and have fun with that DX-100. I have a 100B that will need rebuilding so I expect to be ordering more filter caps once I get around to that project.

73,

Brad K4RT