[AMRadio] Trouble brewing in the AM Window (or "Ghetto" if you prefer)

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Tue Dec 10 13:56:30 EST 2013

Looks like the SSB group  that normally inhabits 3892 has recently been
moving down to 3890 later in the evening after about 0400Z, and then
complaining about AM and the "splatter" from the AM QSO on 3885 (well,
duh!). Both analogue and digital SSTV have appeared on '90 and on top of the
AM QSO on '85, as well as sound effects and music.  By that hour in the
evening, the band is usually completely unoccupied from 3890 all the way to
3900 and sometimes above, so the only reason for this move appears to be to
antagonise the AMers on 3885.

I  suggest not acknowledging or even mentioning the miscreants or
complaining over the air about their deliberate QRM, but simply staying put
on '85 (as long as we were there first), while making sure there is plenty
of fire in the wire. With my receiving equipment and array of receiving
antennas, I can usually tune them completely out and read the AM  station I
am talking to, 100%.

Don k4kyv

---