[AMRadio] Trouble brewing in the AM Window (or "Ghetto" if you prefer)

W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 17:50:04 EST 2013

In the past, I even resorted to calling the person I was talking with on
the phone and continue to transmit on the air to make the miscreants go
nuts trying to figure out HOW we could still communicate and understand
each other.  I agree 100%, do not acknowledge them at all.  Act as if they
are not there, or you are not hearing them.  It will eventually frustrate
them to the point they will give it up.

73
Brian / w5ami

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Donald Chester <k4kyv at charter.net> wrote:

> Looks like the SSB group  that normally inhabits 3892 has recently been
> moving down to 3890 later in the evening after about 0400Z, and then
> complaining about AM and the "splatter" from the AM QSO on 3885 (well,
> duh!). Both analogue and digital SSTV have appeared on '90 and on top of
> the
> AM QSO on '85, as well as sound effects and music.  By that hour in the
> evening, the band is usually completely unoccupied from 3890 all the way to
> 3900 and sometimes above, so the only reason for this move appears to be to
> antagonise the AMers on 3885.
>
> I  suggest not acknowledging or even mentioning the miscreants or
> complaining over the air about their deliberate QRM, but simply staying put
> on '85 (as long as we were there first), while making sure there is plenty
> of fire in the wire. With my receiving equipment and array of receiving
> antennas, I can usually tune them completely out and read the AM  station I
> am talking to, 100%.
>

> Don k4kyv
>

> ---
> protection is active.

"Who feeds a hungry animal feeds his own soul" - Charles Chaplin