[AMRadio] renewed QRM efforts

Ronnie Hull w5sum at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 11:13:32 EST 2013

The problem is that the class of people we are dealin with here would consider getting a card from an OO to be like getting a rare qsl card, they would just make a joke out of it!

OO's are NOT the answer!

One of the things we can do is clean up our own kitchen! This morning between 4 and 5 AM, on 3890 a k5 kept cranking his audio up because a KI5 couldn't hear him. The result was the K5 splattering for 100kcs up and down the band and generally took a great am signal and turned it into a pile of poo.
This pissed off the ssb'ers above and below and rightfully so. This AM station was totally at fault. Then the badgering started and it went on and on.

Dammit men, don't give them fuel for their fires!

To quote W5OMR " running am without a scope is like driving at night without headlights"! How true. All this guy needed was a scope to know he was properly modulating his carrier

If he had 100% modulation and the other station couldn't hear him it could have been band conditions, or perhaps the other station needs a better antenna or better rx or maybe he needs both? Cranking up the audio until you sound like a chicken bander on steroids is NOT the answer!

Off my stump

God bless and 73's

Ronnie w5sum

Sent from Ronnie's IPhone