Joe Roth wc4r at usa.com
Wed Dec 11 14:06:04 EST 2013

You are correct Don. I have been listening to the activity and it is puposeful and malicious. Listening to the SSB group conversations prove it out. They plan their attack on the air.There is also a group on 3868 that is doing the exact same thing creeping in to 3875 and 3877 to interfere on 3875 and 3880 AM activity. Here too they plan their moves on the air. Amazing.Get on frequency early, with a big signal, a good receiver, and ignore them. Joe WC4R-----Original Message-------From: Donald Chester <k4kyv at charter.net https://service.mail.com/callgate-6.73.1.0/rms/6.73.1.0/mail/getBody?folderId=2&messageId=Nzg1NHVZM0hEUsfgp2BtUXpkdbG%2FORMp&purpose=display&bodyType=html# > To: amradio <amradio at mailman.qth.net https://service.mail.com/callgate-6.73.1.0/rms/6.73.1.0/mail/getBody?folderId=2&messageId=Nzg1NHVZM0hEUsfgp2BtUXpkdbG%2FORMp&purpose=display&bodyType=html# > Sent: Wed, Dec 11, 2013 9:54 am Subject: [AMRadio] Trouble brewing in the AM Window (or "Ghetto" if you prefer) Looks like the SSB group that normally inhabits 3892 has recently been moving down to 3890 later in the evening after about 0400Z, and then complaining about AM and the "splatter" from the AM QSO on 3885 (well, duh!). Both analogue and digital SSTV have appeared on '90 and on top of the AM QSO on '85, as well as sound effects and music. By that hour in the evening, the band is usually completely unoccupied from 3890 all the way to 3900 and sometimes above, so the only reason for this move appears to be to antagonise the AMers on 3885. I suggest not acknowledging or even mentioning the miscreants or complaining over the air about their deliberate QRM, but simply staying put on '85 (as long as we were there first), while making sure there is plenty of fire in the wire. With my receiving equipment and array of receiving antennas, I can usually tune them completely out and read the AM station I am talking to, 100%. Don k4kyv