[AMRadio] Rtrouble Brewing in AM Window

W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:39:16 EST 2013

I am the OOC (Official Observer Coordinator) in my section, but I am also
an advocate for AM.  I could request the OO's to monitor this situation,
BUT, I would also request that the AM'ers be on their best if I do.  I
can't really get involved personally since it would be found I am an
advocate for AM, and might appear biased.  If I open this can of worms, the
AM'ers need to be aware of their operation as well, or you might get a card
too, or even an FCC citation.

I know for a fact their are some (AM'ers) in my local area that operate on
the very fringe of good amateur practice, sometimes way over that, and I
detest it.  Of course I also detest the guys on SSB that hate us.

In reality, there is not much a simple OO can do with unidentified
interference, but if there are enough recordings, etc., made, it will be
turned to the FCC.  Only thing is; the AM'ers need to behave as well, as
they will be recorded as well.  I will do what I can, but all I ask is
everyone be gentlemen, and for the time being IGNORE the nuts and say
nothing.  We, the AM'ers must do our best to behave our best, watch your
bandwidth, IMD, etc.  We have a right to be there as any others do.

73
Brian / w5ami

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 5:20 PM, <W4AWM at aol.com> wrote:

> Call Riley Hollingsworth.  I'll bet he has some secret contacts that  can
> take care of things. He would never let this get by on his watch!
>
> 73,
>
>  John,  W4AWM

"Who feeds a hungry animal feeds his own soul" - Charles Chaplin