[AMRadio] Rtrouble Brewing in AM Window

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Dec 11 19:11:43 EST 2013

I don't know guys.  If there are AM operators who are operating at the
fringe or outside good practice, then shouldn't they be subject to the same
requirements we want the interlopers held to?  I have a similar problem to
yours Brian.

What has frustrated me over the past few years is that I have called
attention to some of the AM ops who cause a lot of trouble either through
negligence or intentional poor operation.  Then there are those who either
don't know or refuse to listen.

Recently I tried to tell one that his signal may have had RF in the audio
system, it was spattering across 20+ Kc at my location with a Valiant.  He
ignored what I had to say and weeks later will tell you that I intentionally
accused him needlessly.  The man holds an Extra Class License and, the
puzzling part, is that he would not acknowledge others telling him that he
had a problem.

So if any inspection will rid our ranks of people who are uncooperative AM
or SSB, then I wonder if we should not let the chips fall where they may.

Jim
W5JO