[AMRadio] Rtrouble Brewing in AM Window

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Wed Dec 11 20:58:00 EST 2013

On 12/11/13 7:19 PM, Bry Carling wrote:
> I sure wish I understood how to connect my oscilloscope to look at the waveforms. I guess it's the horizontal sweep input that confuses me.
Hi Bry,

If you just want to monitor the envelope pattern, which is all I've ever
done, use the scope's internal sawtooth sweep generator set to a time
scale appropriate for viewing an audio waveform. Just looked at my
scope, I have been using 500us/cm.
In this case, nothing is connected to any external horizontal input.

If you want to view the trapazoid, connect the scope's horizontal input
to a sample of your audio, and don't use any horizontal sweep. Someone
here mentioned a while back that you want to sample it as early in the
chain as possible. Can't speed from experience here, as I've only ever
used the envelope pattern.

73,
-Larry/NE1S