[AMRadio] Monitoring with a Scope

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 21:20:46 EST 2013

Occurs to me, I didn't reply to the List, only to Bryan.

Mea culpa.

On 12/11/2013 06:19 PM, Bry Carling wrote:
> I sure wish I understood how to connect my oscilloscope to look at the
> waveforms. I guess it's the horizontal sweep input that confuses me.

Bryan... best way is to just hook up a piece of coax to your scope
(ass/u/me'ing it's got a BNC connector on it) and the other end out the
window with a small'ish (4" diameter) one or two turn loop for pick-up.
Lay it on the roof, hang it from a branch, etc...

I've never been a fan of running untold VOLTS of RF thru a scope.
Picking it up off the air, I think, would be better.

Besides that, you get more of a true representation of what your TOTAL
signal looks (and sounds) like.

-Geoff/W5OMR