[AMRadio] Rtrouble Brewing in AM Window

Brett Gazdzinski b.gaz at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 23:02:57 EST 2013

Don,
I heard you tonight, you were strong and very good sounding into South
Jersey.

The problem is some guys run high power, with rigs that go out to at least
10Kc either side, and its dense audio, its not the usual wispy sibilance,
its dense all the way out to 10Kc.

With a good modern receiver (sdr) signals can be quite close without a
problem, or you can listen to the sideband away from a signal on one side.

95% of signals I hear (and see) on the bands its ok to be within 5 Kc
without it sounding bad, yes, you lose some highs, but its still nice copy.

I would think its reasonable to narrow up the audio a bit on a very crowded
band with other qso's going on, and widen it up when things are more open,
and its rude to just say AM is supposed to be wide.

The usual suspects were missing tonight, so I heard you and many other good
sounding signals.
And no jamming or turf fights...

Brett
N2DTS