[AMRadio] Cleaning volume controls (pots)

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 05:58:04 EST 2013

I have seen WD40 for sale in cans with screw on tops (in other words,
not aerosol spray) that would be perfect for filling a syringe or
dipping a Q tip in.
But I have sprayed it into little film cans to get enough liquid to
use the same way.

BTW it is also great as cutting fluid for aluminum in metal work.  I
don't want to get too off topic but have you ever needed an odd length
rotary switch, cap or pot shaft extension?   A lot of hardware stores
that have metal stock sell 1/4 inch aluminum round stock.   buy a
length and cut to what you need then use a dremel tool to grind down
part of each end to flatten it and with a shaft coupler you have your
extension.  It might twist on a really big rotary switch but in most
cases it works FB.  I credit KB9YSJ for this idea.

73

Rob
K5UJ