[AMRadio] Cleaning volume controls (pots)

Jim Liles hallicrafterssr2000 at k9axn.com
Thu Dec 12 11:06:03 EST 2013

Do believe you are overlooking something Dave.

Deoxit and others make more than one product.  Ever try Deoxit's Fader
lube --- maybe you are using the wrong stuff.  If you use Deoxit 100 or
Gold, the pot will need a consistent revisit --- wrong stuff.  Fader lube
stays put and doesn't need further attention on carbon pots.

I believe Don mentioned the use of syringes to distribute compounds.  Note,
they are available at any drug store for virtually nothing.  You can get
sizes that will pass everything from epoxy down to Deoxit or watch oil.

Kindest regards Jim K9AXN