[AMRadio] Trouble Brewing in AM Window

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Thu Dec 12 13:18:40 EST 2013

A good history, Don - and very  thoughtful.

The difference now, is that with SDR receivers grabbing a whole digital swath of the HF
spectrum and probably recording it for all time as a record of everything everyone has done,
and said -  so that it will be SO much easier for FCC to catch these miscreants any time they
want - even for things they did months or years previously.

I don't wish anyone any harm, and some people get their blood pressure way too cranked up
which isn't worth it.  I do hope that some in both the AM and SSB communities will consider
what they are doing and refrain for their own sakes if nothing else.  I suspect that for some of
them it will eventually come back to bite them on the butt,  and some good guys who are
otherwise excellent people will jeopardize their privilege to ever operate and enjoy amateur
radio again. All because of a little imprudent "fun" on their part.

Some of them need to stay within the 0.8 blood alcohol limit and that will clean up the bands
a lot.  I also think of the song Renegade by Styx, not one of my favourites, but apropos.

Bry AF4K