[AMRadio] trouble Brewing in AM Window

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Thu Dec 12 13:23:14 EST 2013

Todd my guess is that most of the 800,000 no ciders are not on HF - bubt rather are using
VHF FM and maybe digital modes etc.

I do howver, have one amateur friend who waited all those years to get his Extra until quite
recently when he realized that the CODE requirement had been done away. Now he finds
that with the new segments he has been allowed into, his love for CW has bveen rekindled!

He told me he took the test by drumming the answers into his head in an online "taining
course" for the Extra and did not understand any o f it, but got to where he could regurgitate
the answers. It's like most of our edjumacation these days (which is more like credentialling)
and it partly explains why we have fallen to sometrhing like 25th place in the world in maths
and science.

Bry Carling AF4K