[AMRadio] trouble Brewing in AM Window

kc9cdt at aol.com kc9cdt at aol.com
Thu Dec 12 14:08:46 EST 2013

Todd,
Well everything you say makes sense depending on how you look at it.
I got my license in 1964 (WN8OJC----WA8OJC then).
We had very little issues.
We were gentlemen then.
It was and took a special kind of person to be a HAM...no, not everyone...but most.
The world has changed....and I get sick & tired of a few bad apples screwing up a lot of very good things for the masses.
I'm also tired of all the politically correct stuff..

So if I want to have a nice AM station and work 3885 (or any Freq.) we get there and have a QSO going we are supposed to have to have our experience ruined because FCC does not do their job?

Have you heard some of those QSO's on (mostly) 75 meters? Those people violate many FCC rules every night.
Some of them do not even have a license...if they do they don't use it.

If I was a FCC agent looking at 75 especially, I would be sending out notices and pulling licenses.
The fact is the FCC does not have funding for this because it makes them no $$$, I am for smaller government is most areas, butt this is one area we need federal oversight.

Just before the e-mail came out about all this...I was interested in listening to some AM on 75. I found a group around 3885 and then heard some splatter up a ways 3892 or so). I listened to the gang there plot and plan exactly how they were going to intentionally interfere with the 3885 group and that they were going to run them off.

A very high % of all us hams are very good ops and try our best to be good neighbors on the bands.

It is complicated...but ask yourself...can people really self police??
No, if so there would be no cops.

We need some jerks to loose their licenses.
I still say if licensing was the way it used to be (Go to a FCC field office, take the code, if you pass you get the written, if you pass you get a license 6 weeks later) we would have a much better experience. If it costs $100 to take the tests...to cover FCC fine.

You know in 1960's every ham knew if he/she didn't follow FCC rules..they could and would loose their privileges.
You know why...because it happened. I got a ticket once for being 1 KC out of band...it scared the crap out of me! I fixed the issue right away. The ticket clearly stated if the issue happened again, I could loose my license.

73,
Lee