[AMRadio] trouble Brewing in AM Window

W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 14:37:44 EST 2013

My feelings exactly Todd.

None of this is anything new.  Maybe to those who have just decided to make
the plunge into AM now see what we have dealt with for many many years.
But, I also belong to a local group on SSB, and we deal with the same
thing, always have, as far back as I can remember.

I know it gets under the skin, and people often have to get verbal about it
on the air, but, it is BEST to ignore it.  You can't argue with an idiot,
as you will never win that contest.  That's what they want ...a REACTION!
Do not give the idiot what he desires, just ignore him, and he will
eventually go away.

I would prefer NOT to open the can of worms and call in the OO's, and
possibly resort to requesting FCC monitoring stations over this thing.  We
(AMers) don't need any additional scrutiny either.  Hell, I hear people
messing with CW ops too!  It's not just us AMers!!  Like I said, just
ignore them!  If you can't hear the other station you are in QSO with, just
make some excuse to sign, but don't say on the air that the idiot is
keeping me from hearing you.  If you do, you have then gave him
satisfaction, and he will be back the next night to do it all over again.

73
Brian / w5ami