[AMRadio] WD-40 Experience

Eric Nelson wb2cau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 16:05:14 EST 2013

I've used WD-40 off and on in pots for more than 40 years without the
negative experience you've had.  Perhaps the main difference is in the
method I've used.

After spraying the contact area inside the pot and working the control a
few times, I follow up with about 10 to 15 seconds of compressed air as I'm
working the control.  This blasts away most of the residue along with any
of the contamination that created the noise problem in the beginning.  The
control then has an extended life at least as long as if the control had
been replaced.

Eric
Sent from my desktop PC

-.-