Brett Gazdzinski b.gaz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 12 21:07:28 EST 2013

The FAA runs beacons on HF for aircraft to listen to weather reports.
15kw ssb Harris transmitters in Chatsworth is one I know of.
Flights from Europe can listen to them I suppose.

2x 3cx800's driving a 4cx15000 I think it was.
I used to get the 3cx800 pull outs.

They have rhombic and a 1500 foot tower.

They used to have beacons on vlf at the outer markers of runways but think
they ditched that.

Brett
N2DTS