Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 12 23:26:09 EST 2013

Actually, the FAA and Air Force use HF for communication to transoceanic aircraft. It's all USB, of course. The outer marker beacon has never been VLF but is low VHF, about 75 MHz I think, but the FAA still maintains a bevy of MF beacons used in ADF approaches. These identify in Morse sent as AM.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith