[AMRadio] AM Rally

Dave Mayfield wrl at gwltd.com
Fri Dec 13 08:00:32 EST 2013

My first thought when I read this post was about the AM Heavy Metal
Rally.......

KDØHG Heavy Metal Rally

Saturday December 28th

Starts 5:30PM CST- till 5:00 AM CST ( Sunday)

Its that time of year again for the AM Heavy Metal Rally. The purpose of
this rally is to make as many station contacts in the AM mode using
Heavy Metal Transmitters. An example of a Heavy Metal transmitter is a
Johnson 500, Johnson Desk KW, T-368, a Ranger into a amplifier, or even
a K7DYY transmitter. The Heavy Metal must weigh over 250 pounds or put
out the legal limit.

The scoring is:

1 point per-contact per band

1 point per State. DX entry count as a State

1 point per contact for using a Heavy Metal Transmitter.

The frequencies will be in the normal AM window mainly on 75-160 meters.

75 meters every kc from 3870 to 3890. --- using a 80 meter Loop

160 meters 1885 East of the Mississippi River and 1915 West.--- using a
Inverted L

This year this Rally is back to the contest mode