[AMRadio] WD-40 Experience

Mike Sawyer w3slk at verizon.net
Fri Dec 13 09:58:54 EST 2013

I think what folks need to know is that any kind of petrol-based lubricant,
is going to be an attractant for dust, debris, etc. The only ones that may
not (and I use that term loosely) is molybdenum and graphite. However, they
may induce resistive action, which would not be desirable either. The trick
is to use the minimum amount to get the most desired results. To paraphrase
another ham off of another web page, "Mo oil is NOT mo betta!" Over
lubricating will attract debris and coagulate. Ultimately making things
worse.
Just my RFC's worth.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK

I've used it for a lot of things in the past with no ill effects, I use it
sparingly and attempt to get all the residue out afterwards.  It's saved my
you know what many a time...

73
Brian