[AMRadio] AM QRM

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Dec 13 12:06:11 EST 2013

>>From: Steve WA1QIX <wa1qix at piesky.com>

Same here - didn't notice anything.  Oh, what is the GCM net and when is it
on?

At 09:19 AM 12/13/2013, Collin wrote:
>I was on 3885 last night during the GCM net. Did not notice deliberate
>interference.>>

I was on 3885 for a couple of hours, and talked with several  stations. No
attempts at jamming were heard. At one time someone on SSB  did zero in on
the carrier frequency and attempt to drop a snide comment that I didn't
quite understand, but he didn't stick around. Another AM station broke in to
tell Grant that his signal was wide. Grant made some adjustment, saying he
may have inadvertently been running the audio too hard.

Steve, I took off shortly after you did, to check on the wood stove. By the
time I got back Grant was engaged in conversation with a couple of others
and I was getting drowsy, so I just pulled the big switch. Never did  hear
you come back.

Don

---