[AMRadio] Trouble brewing in the AM Window (or "Ghetto" if you prefer)

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:25:10 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Remember one of the basic rules for jamming:  Ignore it and continue to
> operate.
> >
> I agree; unfortunately anyone doing it can get his jollies by going here:
>
> http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/amradio/2013-December/date.html
>
> and reading all the reactions.

Which is why it's important to ignore it online as well as on the air.
Complaining on here might make one feel better, like venting a bit, but
it's not that far removed from doing it on the air and is purely
self-serving.

Brian does an excellent job screening out those who would be here for the
wrong reasons and an email list is indeed more difficult to get
satisfaction from in that sense, but not impossible as you've shown.

This is why we did away with such postings on AMfone.net - which anyone can
read easily, without being a member. We already knew they were keying off
people trying to schedule on-air activity via the site, and showing up
ahead of time either to take the mentioned frequency or to start jamming.

I tend to think it's only a handful of idiots, but the unfortunate thing is
that on HF, it doesn't take a lot.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4