[AMRadio] AM Rally-heavy metal

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:46:31 EST 2013

The intent of the rule is to encourage _transmitters_ that weigh at
least 250 lbs.  I guess something like a Ranger driving a homebrew amp
all in a rack qualifies.

ER Ray I think will go out of his way to say that all rigs are
welcome, but the scoring favors the heavy rigs, usually plate
modulated.  I don't have a problem with that but since I have yet to
get anything heavy (or light plate modulated) working here I
participate loosely and don't bother to send in any log to get points.
 the idea is to get the big old rigs on the air so operating a > 250
lb AM rig is the point of the thing.  A class D solid state rig is
okay but it is not HEAVY METAL.

73

Rob
K5UJ