[AMRadio] Viking 500 - no 160m but why on the VFO dial?

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Sat Dec 14 14:11:42 EST 2013

Besides what Eddy said, it might of also had to do with the ongoing
regional severe day/night power restrictions on 160 meters when the
Johnson 500 was designed and offered for sale. LORAN was primary on 160
meters until 1980 when it was phased out. Amateurs had limited and
secondary status up until that time. Power restrictions below 1900 KHz
were lifted in December 1980. Power restrictions above 1900 KHz were
lifted in March 1984.

Pete, wa2cwa