[AMRadio] WRL Globe king FS on QTH

Jim Tonne Tonne at Comcast.Net
Sun Dec 15 14:22:20 EST 2013

Vestigial sideband has *both* sidebands up to some modulating rate
above which it smoothly changes to single sideband as one of the
sidebands is lopped off, typically by a bandpass filter.

Single sideband with carrier is pure single sideband (with carrier).
*If* the carrier is placed inside the passband of the bandwidth-determining
filter *then* it can be vestigial sideband.   But I know of no
manufacturer of
broadcast AM equipment that does this.   GE, in their entry into Quad FM
had the upper subchannel operate in the VSB mode.

- JimT