[AMRadio] Frank K0JM SK

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 09:20:06 EST 2013

I was saddened to read in Silent Keys in this month's QST that Frank
K0JM in Aberdeen S.D. has left us.  Frank had a gravelly voice that
made him hard to copy at times, but I worked him on 75 and 160 several
times and had enjoyable QSOs with the topic usually being trains.
Frank had been a railroad employee (I can't remember what he did now)
and had worked around Chicago years ago, so we used to discuss the
Chicago trains.   He was one of the few (or perhaps the only) AM
operator I ever worked who was located in South Dakota.  The AM
community is smaller yet again.

73

Rob
K5UJ