[AMRadio] Trouble brewing in the AM Window (or "Ghetto"

Jim Tonne Tonne at Comcast.Net
Mon Dec 16 11:31:25 EST 2013

Adding on to Jim's note -

Along about 1975 give or take a few years, Continental Electronics in
Dallas, Texas, was given a task funded by VOA to assemble and test
a new antenna design.   They did as requested on an adjacent and
empty (at the time) lot.   It was a curtain pointed at Europe for testing.

Naturally a good percentage of the engineering guys at CEC were
hams and when testing was finished they got their rigs connected
to the antenna and got on the ham bands.

Common comment was "Yeah, I know you said you are running 100
watts but stop kidding and tell me the   *real*   power!"

- JimT W4ENE